So I got this idea of doing a recap of every month from one of my blog friends – MikShorty…
here is my attempt, late as per usual…
Things that stood out…
– Losing weight by simply being healthier
- Eating sushi for the first time ever
- Getting my Samsung S3 mini
- Reading 10 books towards my 100 book challenge
- Reading Hunger Games for the first time!
- Finding my ‘groove’ at work
- Staying up 24 hours just to watch the Golden Globes live(and planning to do the same for the Grammy’s and the Oscar’s)
The books that made this month good…
- The Casual Vacancy – JK Rowling
- The Goddess of the Rose – PC Cast
- The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
The whole list of books read can be found here…
The movies that made this month good…
[This is just the list of movies that I watched in the month and a quick opinion on the movie. Some movies will be new, some will just be new to me... enjoy ]
- Silver Linings Playbook… I loved this movie (mostly because Jennifer Lawrence is amazeballs…)
- The Vow… Cute movie, but a totally useless ending…
- New Year’s Eve… Nice movie, not sure if I’ll watch it again, but I did enjoy it
- Playing for Keeps… We really wanted to watch a movie, this was our choice, epic mistake… Boring, predictable and a waste of time.
- Pitch Perfect (I think we watched this either late December or very early January, but it still counts) I loved this movie, the silly jokes, the dialogue, the songs, the storyline. Everything…
[This will be the list of things newly discovered/rediscovered by me that I am loving at the moment)
- One Direction – this is a judgement free zone
- My S3 mini
- All things Android
- Meat Free Mondays
- Mumford and Sons
- Of Monsters and Men
- 2nd hand book shops
- A Very Potter Musical
- Hats (only worn with my sundresses)
(This is my save, judgement free space to mention the things that is irritating me this month)
- Dumb people… I am saying this in the nicest way possible, but dumb people irritate me, a lot! It’s like some people get out of bed in the morning and decide ‘let’s not use my brain today’
- Taylor Swift’s love life… Don’t get me wrong, I adore Tay – Tay, but all of these jokes and attention over her love life is making me sick. Let the girl have a bloody life!
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber… Just break up already!!!!
And that is my month of January….