Well , this is exciting… my first food related blog post! Or more to the point, my first real recipe post!!
Todays recipe is omelettes, as made by my lovely sister.
To make it:
– 2 eggs per omelette
– baking powder
– any thing else you would want to add
To make it happen:
1) Cut up the onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes
2) Grate the cheese
3) Fry up the onions, peppers and bacon
4) Fry up the mushrooms with a bit of bbq spice
5) Mix all of this together for your filling
6) Mix 2 eggs and a bit (a knife point) of baking powder – for one omelette
7)Heat up your pan with a bit of oil
8) Pour the mixture for one omelette in the pan
9) Flip it over when just the middle is a bit runny
10) The omelette will start to rise up.
11) Remove from heat and transfer to plate
12) Add your filling to one half of your omelette, add your cheese, fold the other half over and enjoy!
– If you add tomatoes, add them raw. The taste is so much more fresh 🙂
– Make sure the pan is very hot, before you add the omelette mixture.
– Let the egg mixture stand for a moment or two, before adding to the pan. It will rise a bit more that way.
– Mix the eggs and baking powder with a whisk, to let the air in.
Enjoy this! It is our go to dinner for nights when making food is just not on the top of our priority list.
Good morning lovely blogging world!!
Today [as it is my birthday] I will post TWO top tens… One on the thing destined for the day [by random pickage from a bowl] and the other … a surprise!!
Top ten … Desserts!
- Chocolate mousse
- Waffles with cream and syrup
- Fudge Picasso
- Jelly and custard
- Chocolate cake!
- Milk tart
- Ice cream [chocolate or cookies and cream]
- Oreo McFlurry
- Did I mention Fudge Picasso????
*sigh* Now I want dessert!! Thoughts Appear… I hope you liked this top ten… =] Idiot, I am sorry if I messed up your diet, AGAIN!
Top ten things I like about my Birthday!!
- My sister takes me out!
- I get free books [presents]
- I almost always bake myself the most delicious chocolate cake
- Celebratory cocktails! =]
- Feeling special
- Getting hugs
- Spending time with the loveliest people [blog friends included]
- Getting a birthday massage tomorrow
- Having ME-time!
- Knowing I am a year older, but still feeling like a three-year old inside! =]
That was fun!! Now I want to share a story!!
The legal drinking age in South Africa in 18! [In my opinion it’s a stupid decision…] And last year on my birthday [18 in SA is a big thing btw] my parents weren’t at home, they were on vacation!! So we behaved and DID NOT have a big house burning party, instead we went to a cocktail bar! Now ever since my sister got her license two years ago we went gallivanting on our own and went ‘cocktail tasting’ multiple times, without any ona asking to see my ID or proof that I am allowed to drink. But that night, ON MY 18th BIRTHDAY, the waiter came up to me, frowned and said, “wait, I really need to see your ID”
Really??? The first time I am legally allowed to drink and they ask for it now?? Just show you the very high IQ of SA… =]
Have a lovely day, bloggers! I will surely enjoy mine! =]
So I was hungry… And in the mood for chocolate. But sweet things make my teeth hurt. So I decided on flap jacks. But not just any, oh no, CHOCOLATE!!
And, boy oh boy, it was DELISH!!
I made about 12, and I think there is 5 left =]
Here’s the recipe along with a few photies!
¼ cup sugar
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
*Mix the egg and sugar
*add ½ of the milk and all of the oil
*mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cacao
*Add this ^ to the egg mixture
*Add the left over milk and stir until smooth.
*Spoon small [or big] dollops into a pan with pre-heated oil.
*When the top side is starting to make air bubbles all over, turn it over.
*when nicely brown and yummy, take of and serve as you wish!
Me enjoying the yummy-ness!
Hope that if you make it, it comes out yummy!