That’s sorta how I feel today…
Not in a bad way, or in a depro way, or even aimed at just one thing…
There is just so many good, fun things in my life at the moment, that I can’t help but sit and wait in anticipation for the shit-creek to hit me…
And in this mood even the baddish things, don’t seem so bad…
The good, happy, fun things include…
– Salary increase
– New car for The Sister
– Discovery of great new music
– Discovery of new movies
– Writing almost daily, even if its just a poem, or a letter, or one chapter in the ever evolving novel…
– Watching movies with good company
– Having semi-adult ‘sleepovers’ =]
– Losing weight, slowly but surely
– Dyeing my hair
The bad things, that seems not so bad in the hazy golden glow of happiness…
– Being used by someone twice my age (and kinda kicking him out of my life… Which would explain how this seems ‘not so bad’)
– Knowing my movie-watching company is going back home soon…
– Not feeling all that ‘pretty’ these days
– Seeing The Sister sorta sad about lost-and-found love
– Not writing as much as I want to
– Financial issues with The Mother that just never seem to get finished…
– Not getting any compliments on the newly dyed hair
As I’m reading these over I realize how very ‘high school’ I sound, but then again. That was a simpler time, when salaries and groceries and work haven’t made an appearance yet. Now I’m sitting at work, writing and being happier than I ever was in high school…
And I think its simply because I don’t allow the little things in life screw me up anymore. I go with it.
Yes, some days I will drink too much Jack, and lose about 3 hours in which I (apparently) freak out about all the little things. But in my general, daily happiness, I don’t let these things have an effect on my. Because I am ruling this life of mine.
This is my movie, and my script won’t allow it…
Find something to be happy about today.
That two seconds of smile, of childish happiness, is so amazing, it could just change your whole day around…
So I got this idea of doing a recap of every month from one of my blog friends – MikShorty…
here is my attempt, late as per usual…
Things that stood out…
– Losing weight by simply being healthier
– Eating sushi for the first time ever
– Getting my Samsung S3 mini
– Reading 10 books towards my 100 book challenge
– Reading Hunger Games for the first time!
– Finding my ‘groove’ at work
– Staying up 24 hours just to watch the Golden Globes live(and planning to do the same for the Grammy’s and the Oscar’s)
The books that made this month good…
– The Casual Vacancy – JK Rowling
– The Goddess of the Rose – PC Cast
– The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins
The whole list of books read can be found here…
The movies that made this month good…
[This is just the list of movies that I watched in the month and a quick opinion on the movie. Some movies will be new, some will just be new to me… enjoy :-)]
– Silver Linings Playbook… I loved this movie (mostly because Jennifer Lawrence is amazeballs…)
– The Vow… Cute movie, but a totally useless ending…
– New Year’s Eve… Nice movie, not sure if I’ll watch it again, but I did enjoy it
– Playing for Keeps… We really wanted to watch a movie, this was our choice, epic mistake… Boring, predictable and a waste of time.
– Pitch Perfect (I think we watched this either late December or very early January, but it still counts) I loved this movie, the silly jokes, the dialogue, the songs, the storyline. Everything…
[This will be the list of things newly discovered/rediscovered by me that I am loving at the moment)
– One Direction – this is a judgement free zone
– My S3 mini
– All things Android
– Meat Free Mondays
– Water 🙂
– Mumford and Sons
– Of Monsters and Men
– 2nd hand book shops
– A Very Potter Musical
– Hats (only worn with my sundresses)
(This is my save, judgement free space to mention the things that is irritating me this month)
– Dumb people… I am saying this in the nicest way possible, but dumb people irritate me, a lot! It’s like some people get out of bed in the morning and decide ‘let’s not use my brain today’
– Taylor Swift’s love life… Don’t get me wrong, I adore Tay – Tay, but all of these jokes and attention over her love life is making me sick. Let the girl have a bloody life!
– Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber… Just break up already!!!!
And that is my month of January….
I realized something today… Most of the blogs I read is of ‘older people’ [don’t get me wrong you guys, I love reading about your lives!!]
I JUST tallied up my blogroll… The results are in, blogs around my age… 11.
Blogs by people from about 25… 19
Not such big a difference actually. And I just somewhere between counting blogs and typing about blogs lost my point for this post! So I will just continue being random!! =]
Today is the 19th, which means only SIX days till Christmas, it also means only SIX days till I see the coolest cousin in the whole world! =]
The dorky looking one on the right is me, the blonde, cute one is her! I absolutely adore her! And I just realised I haven’t gotten her a gift yet! [GASP] ***Need to go shopping NOW****
I just realised I haven’t done a resolutions update in a while… Let’s fix that!
- Write a little every day! Poems, flash fiction, fiction. Anything. Just write! I wrote!! Well I re-read my story to get the feel of it back, but at least I made a move towards it!!
- Blog every day!! Umm, I’m not sure, I blogged semi-reguraly, and I double posted most days, I am sure it counts each other out! =]
- Journal everyday, or every two days. But VERY regularly!Nothing, I didn’t even LOOK at my journal! =[
- Stop fighting for no reason and admit when wrong……..Nope…. I fought…
- Read every day. Slipping up on this one!
- Postcross and pen pals, more regular!!I didn’t sent any letters or cards, but then again, I didn’t receive any either…
- Eat a bit healthier.Uhhh, yeah, let’s try this next week! =]
- EAT BREAKFAST!!I did this! Every day this week! =]
- Exercise at least every other day. Nope… One day this week!
- Go to bed by ten pm. Nope, but I’m not at work anymore, so I think this one is null and void until next year!
- NO junk food… [I’m going to struggle here]I did eat take-aways, but they were semi healthy. Let’s not count the KFC…
- ONE sweet per week.Less than usual, but cookies in the house is very evil!!!
- Cut out ALL the negativity in my life, get rid off the ‘bad’ people, draw the ‘good’ ones closer.Well, I stopped talking to the ‘bad ones’
- Stop being negative!!I still don’t believe in me… So no.
- Do not suppress emotions. But DO think before speaking. I am more honest, and I think before I speak!! =]
I will try to journal tonight and post the pages tomorrow
If you still want to read my protected post, you are welcome to. Just email me for the password [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Enjoy your Sunday! [Now I want a sundae]
Tomorrow is the 1st of December!
WOW!!! Where did this year go??? Before I [finally] put up a journal page… Here is the Top Ten Things I want for Christmas!! =]
- A laptop… LOL
- A BlackBerry
- A Webcam [okay now I’m done with the tech stuff!]
- A snazzy new handbag!
- Harry Potter Box set DVD’s!
- HIMYM DVD’s
- A week-long vacation with the Sister!
- Small pretty things…. [Lol, I like random pretty things Okay!!!]
- A new duvet set!
Weirdest list ever…. What do you wish for this Christmas??
Now, a journal post!!!
This one is all about guilty pleasures… I named my page “I secretly Love….” so I went with that rather than guilty pleasures, but it’s all the same!!
I KNOW Glee is a secret nor guilty pleasure, but how can I NOT put it in???
Hope you have a great day!!!
In case you don’t have me on FB and didn’t read the hundred statuses about me going to watch Harry Potter 7 last night, I went to watch HP7 last night!!!
And the only possible words to describe it is BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!
I had my doubts…. Because a lot of people said it didn’t live up to their expectations, but to me it was amazing!!! But my professional opinion later!
The evening began on the drive, I made us [me and Sis] a mix CD with some chart topping songs which got us straight into a party mood and little could burst my bubble!
When we got to Clearwater Mall we discovered that a whole bunch of new shops opened up since our last visit there and after we got our tickets we went exploring and searched for a great place to have dinner. But before we could even think of dinner Sister discovered Marcels, a FroYo place….
My love for Frozen Yogurt is still to be discovered so I settled for dark chocolate ice-cream while sis enjoyed Vanilla FroYo. The best part of that, except the chocolate, was my Yum card! Its a card where, once it is full of stickers, I get a free small tub of ice-cream! Rewards for eating ice cream??? I’m in!
We then decided on Juicy Lucy for dinner, a sweet lace with the greatest breakfast!! But I decided it was WAY too late for breakfast breakfast, so I decided to order a Bacon Cheesa [rye bread with bacon and YUMMY cheese sauce] while sis ate a bacon and chicken wrap!
I just realized how weird all that sounded as dinner!!! =]
Finally it was time for HP!!
I promise no spoilers!
I loved every moment of the movie…
It was very true to the book, not so very rushed liked the 6th movie, although the time went by WAY too fast, and before I knew I was crying and the movie was done! [If you read the books, you would know why I was crying, if not, I promised no spoilers!]
There was perhaps one part that wasnt in the book, but otherwise every important part was there, they did a great job with filling in the blanks the previous movies created, and what I loved the most was the dialogue, it was unbelievably true to the book!
One thing that I didn’t like, like most people, was the ending! It was very sudden… But it had to happen, other it would’ve been a six-hour movie, or a very vague movie! So kudos to Warner Bros to making it so very amazing!!!
Who watched it already?? What did you think???
I am back!!! Lol I think I curse myself every time I assure you all that I am FINALLY back on a regular basis!
But FOR NOW I am back. I even have a journal page to prove it!!
snapshots of your life…
I really like this page, but I think it is mainly because I enjoy drawing Polaroids! =]
So yeah! Whaddya think???
I am not the best company these days… I don’t know what is wrong with me.
But for now I don’t care, because I am in full Potter mode!!!
I have been reading the books for about a month now and is now busy with Book 4. And it is in times like these where I wish I was living overseas…. To go and see a midnight preview and get BUTTERBEER!!!
*Sigh* but for now I am patiently waiting….
Have a lovely night you all! And do remember to send me some questions for my truth challenge!!!