Well , this is exciting… my first food related blog post! Or more to the point, my first real recipe post!!
Todays recipe is omelettes, as made by my lovely sister.
To make it:
– 2 eggs per omelette
– baking powder
– any thing else you would want to add
To make it happen:
1) Cut up the onions, mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes
2) Grate the cheese
3) Fry up the onions, peppers and bacon
4) Fry up the mushrooms with a bit of bbq spice
5) Mix all of this together for your filling
6) Mix 2 eggs and a bit (a knife point) of baking powder – for one omelette
7)Heat up your pan with a bit of oil
8) Pour the mixture for one omelette in the pan
9) Flip it over when just the middle is a bit runny
10) The omelette will start to rise up.
11) Remove from heat and transfer to plate
12) Add your filling to one half of your omelette, add your cheese, fold the other half over and enjoy!
– If you add tomatoes, add them raw. The taste is so much more fresh 🙂
– Make sure the pan is very hot, before you add the omelette mixture.
– Let the egg mixture stand for a moment or two, before adding to the pan. It will rise a bit more that way.
– Mix the eggs and baking powder with a whisk, to let the air in.
Enjoy this! It is our go to dinner for nights when making food is just not on the top of our priority list.